Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Quick and Not-so-Dirty 1915

So as you know, I was frantically going to make a 1915 outfit in 3 days.

Well it happened. is it completely finished and perfect? NO! Do I care? HELL NO!

It's something that I know will need some refining before I wear it next, and I'm ok with that, I did at least have something to wear that I think looked quite smart.

The event itself was smaller than I think they originally planned, considering they had thought they would have 100 horses. The original idea was to have about 100 horses march from around the city to Fort Lytton and then to have a canon firing commemorating the Lighthorse Brigade that went to WWI. We thought we would attend and kinda wave at them. There was some confusion for some time as to whether it would go ahead, but it did, albeit without the march from town, and with 10 horses instead of 100.

But we went anyway! I only have like four photos....





The 4th is of my outfit on it's own..



The blouse is great, although in the breeze, it kept flipping up like a hood. The skirt is perfect, I just need to make the waist. The hat is kinda huge, but I feel like it works! I also wore my new Jade jewelry from our trip to New Zealand.

June is rapidly approaching, and I'm freaking out about how much I have to do before June. I'll have to write a list so that I really know what is going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment