Monday, April 18, 2016

Ironfest and Sydney!

So one of the things that I love most about Costuming, is that I've met some amazing people.  Obviously, Dinah is high up there as one of those peeps.

One of the things that she has introduced me to, is Ironfest.  I've now been two times, and both times I've had a great time.  This time, we didn't catch the train up, opting instead to take a car.  Which turned out well, we came and went as we pleased, and instead of staying with one of our friends, we found ourselves a little hotel room nearby.  

Our hotel room wasn't what most people would have chosen, but it was clean, and it was cheap, so we were happy! Once we checked on on friday, we were going to head off to get our weekend pass and have a good look at stuff before the rush on Saturday.  We had originally planned to costume up, but you know, that all got a bit hard.  That turned out to be a good thing though, and I'm glad we did that.

Saturday we turned up in costume, and we had a great day.  I was disappointed though that there was no chip on a stick.  Ironfest ruined!  (Not really, but it did make me sad!) We generally walked around, found lots of neat stuff, and we kept in the back of our minds that we really needed to put my crinoline back together for the ball on Saturday night.  I went with Medieval (ish), and was incredibly comfortable.  Ms Dinah went with Game of Thrones.  This is a dress I don't get to wear much, so it was fun to wear it, even though my sleeves keep wanting to fall off.. :/ I need to fix that.



We went off earlier than close so that we coudl get me some electrical tape to fix my crinoline.  We even went the local shopping centre still in costume.  My goodness the good people of Lithgow had no idea what to make of us... heh heh heh.  I got my crinoline back together, which was aweseome.  I was really glad to get to wear my giant froofy dress of doom again, I have to say.  I don't think I'll be able to wear it again, it's just too fragile?  I'm always worried that people are going to rip the floofs off.  I doubled the number of them on the dress for this ball, and I still managed to lose a few of them.  Very disappointing! But the dress was still a hit!  I went with a black wig this time, and I bought a new fascinator that I wore with it.  The night itself was amazing.  Great entertainment, a bit of dancing, a few drinks... Princess Deadpool.  Great night!  The only two concerns I had was (a) getting in and out of the car, which was hilarious, and (b), there was a fire breather, so I moved way away from that! haha

 

Sunday we woke up, cleaned up, packed the car and hit Ironfest!  Ms Dinah entered the Cosplay competition, and she rocked it! Since it is often SO cold at Ironfest (last time I was freezing!) I took the opportunity to wear my pleather riding habit skirt, a blouse, and my Tauriel bodice (which I've worn more with steampunk than Tauriel!)... I also put on some kitty ears that I had bought on Friday in my shopping. The below photos is mostly because of the Autumn leaves, and leading lines and stuff.. haha! But I think I look good in this photo as well.. :D

 

We were "done" a little bit early, so we left Lithgow and headed back to Dinah's house, where I crashed.  The next day I got to run around Sydney and her neighbourhood, which was awesome!! 

 

But before too long it was time to board the big bird and head home.  I'd kinda love to go again this year, but, I really need to not travel this year if I want to do CoCo 2018!!  

Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment