Sunday, April 5, 2015

Picnicking with 19th Century Queensland

Today I picnicked with 19th Century Queensland for our annual Easter Picnic. I made a new frock in about a week, since it had rained and threatened to be unseasonably warm. I didn't have much that was cool, yet would take having to trample through damp ground.

There does need to be a few alterations, including making the bodice fit rather than being FAR too big. But that will come.  We had a fairly short day out thanks to the humidity, we just couldn't stand being in our bustle dresses any longer.  We didn't have anybody join us (we usually get at least 10 extra takers!), but we still had a lovely time eating Shepherd's Pie, Brownies and drinking tea...

So anyway, here's a couple of pics of my frock, bearing in mind that I plan to change it a bit.. :)




And... The obligatory slideshow..

No comments:

Post a Comment