Saturday, March 19, 2016

March 2016 - A 1920s train ride

Really the first thing on the calendar for me for 2016 costuming wise (other than my birthday), was a ride on a steam train in 1920s.

I have unrequited love for the 1920s. I LOVE the stylings, and I love the clothes. They just don't love me. The styles are mostly not flattering, I had 2 dresses that are largely a success, one in voille, which I have worn ALOT (so much so that I didn't want to wear it for this event), and an evening dress that would not be appropriate for a train ride.

So I thought I'd try something different. A more masculine style that was becoming popular during this era. I pulled stuff out of the stash for it, thinking that if it didn't work, oh well, at least I've used stash!

I decided on some plus-fours. Baggy pants usually work for me, right? Sure! Lets go for some culottes! I had to self-draft the pants, and while execution-wise they worked, on me, they aren't flattering, and they don't sit up on my waist, which on me isn't a great look, since I'm already long in the torso.

The train ride itself, was SO much fun, and while my outfit isn't overly flattering, it's ridiculously comfortable, and I didn't swelter in the heat. Only four of us went along, but we all agreed, that despite that, we had an immensely good time. We rode the teens era steam train out through some scrub, and on our return, we ventured over the road to the pub for a counter lunch. Which was DELISH! Especially since I had an icy cold cider with it... nom nom nom. I took very few pictures, but following are the photos I took.





No comments:

Post a Comment