Sunday, October 5, 2014

An Edwardian Picnic

So back in August (argh, two months ago!) we had a picnic at JC Slaughter Falls in Edwardian dresses.  I've wanted to do Edwardian for SO long, and I made an outfit, although I still have to do proper undergarments.  I have already done another Edwardian skirt, which formed part of the Mina (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) costume.  But anyway, here's my outfit...

 

I'm not completely sure about the blouse, I'm not sure whether I wouldn't prefer a less froofy one.  I know that the era kinda calls for the pidgeon full front, but I'm not sure it really suits me.

But we had a lovely picnic in the shade of the trees, it really is a nice spot for a picnic!  We were snapped by a local photographer as well, who kindly sent us some pictures.  The above right is one of hers, as is the group shot following..



I have another event next week, and I'm thinking I'll wear Edwardian for it, even though it's probably going to be really really warm, I want to wear my high waisted skirt possibly with my white lace blouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment