Saturday, July 4, 2015

Another Dinner Dance.....

My good friend Michael had the most amazing collection of historical items, and his favourite era seems to be the Napoleonic!

To commemorate the 200th anniversary, he and his friend put on a display of Napoleonic finds, which is absolutely fascinating.  And the opening event included a regency dinner dance, of course!  So I went along.  Like a good wallflower, I didn't dance, but sat talking to 2 Michaels about what kind of weapon I should get now that I'm licenced.

I pulled the good old cream dress out (no ironing needed!) and my silk satin overbodice teamed with my new brooch.  Despite running horribly late, I still felt like I was looking pretty.. :D

I had loads of fun again.  Not sure I want the amount of fun I'm having at events to end.  Like, RIDICULOUS amounts of fun.  This was about the only "serious" phoot that we were in...



Pretty soon our serious demeanour faded into...



But all in all, it was a really good night out, and well needed after some stressful work times!


No comments:

Post a Comment