Saturday, July 4, 2015

Remember Midway - A WWII Dinner-dance

Following on from History Alive, we had tickets for Remember Midway, a dinner-dance event in a local hanger. There were helicopters, jeeps, and even a couple of planes.

Since it had be raining for a couple of days, and we were sitting in a hanger with one end open, I figured I would need something warm, and quick to make.  So I pulled out a pattern I have made before, and put together a navy blue crepe dress that is incredibly comfy, but also very warm.

 

It turned out well, and although I've taken it in a full size, the bust is still a little.... generous!

As per usual though, we had a grand time...  Filled with dancing and shanenigans!

  

 

Donna won the 'best dressed' prize for the evening, as she should in her fabulous original 1940s suit.



And we've decided that should this opportunity come up again, we're going again, but we plan to have more appropriate dinner-dance outfits! 


No comments:

Post a Comment