Saturday, March 8, 2014

Getting it done!

Nothing finished to post at the moment, everything seems to be midway through!

I have a number of weekend-long events during April, and a couple before April to be ready for as well.

On the 23rd March I have a Tolkien themed 21st to go to.  Of course I never had a big interest in doing anything LOTR/Hobbit related.  Ironically, I'm doing a character from the latest Hobbit film that doesn't even exist in the books, Tauriel.  She seemed fairly quick to do, and comfy to wear.   Not much left on her to do thankfully!

On the 30th I have an event with 19th Century Queensland, and of course that was the day we were going to debut our "uniforms".  So I have a wool kilted bustle skirt and bodice to make before then.

The following weekend is Supanova. And I'm midway through doing Gruzinkerbell.  All the ruffles are done, next big challenge is the wings, and how I'll attach them!

The second weekend in April is the Jane Austen Festival and of course I want 3 new chemises, at least two dresses, and a coat.  Is it going to happen?  Remains to be seen.  Working on chemises and maybe one of the dresses today as a respite from satin and ruffles, so heres hoping!

Then, there's the Victorian Picnic on easter weekend.  But that's all there is on that weekend, so YAY! Time with hubby!

Finally, on Anzac weekend, I'll be going to Ironfest down near Sydney for the first time.  I'm probably taking the kilted bustle for that and something else, that I haven't decided yet!

Listing it all out like that freaks me out a little, but I'm sure it's doable, especially if I work on this stuff every day.  Thankfully I don't reenact the regency period, so I'm not especially worried about the fact that my dresses will be machine sewn.  You probably won't SEE any machine stitching, but it'll be there!

Time for breakfast, then to work.  This list won't make itself shorter!

2 comments:

  1. thanks to re-enacting regency I'm crazily trying to make some with only visible hand stitching, and others just machine. Cos I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not thrilled with the chemisette... too much stitching visible. I'll redo if I have time..

      Delete