Saturday, March 15, 2014

Phew. I'm pooped!

I've changed my mind about my JAFA plans again.  I'm fast running out of time and energy.  So some changes need to be made.

Thursday night: I'm going to go with my existing cream dress, and I'll possibly make myself an overbodice and a showercap turban to snazz it up a bit.  This was an existing "backup" plan, and I think that's a sound idea.

 

Friday: I'm still going to be french!  I have unpicked the sleeves so that I can insert a gusset into them.  I want to be able to bend my arms.. ;)



Friday night: I have a short-sleeved white dress cut out, so I'll make that up for evening.  I'm going to mend my blue open robe, which I put my foot through last time I wore it.. :(... 



Saturday: I'm making up a piece out of the stash, which was originally earmarked for Regency but got shelved since I'm about a mt shorter than I usually like for a regency dress.  I'm going to cut the bodice, probably as tiny a bodice as possible, and it won't be self-lined.  Then we'll see how much skirt I can get out.  Ideally I like a 3-panel skirt, I find it more flattering on me.  If I can get a shorter 3-panel skirt, I'm thinking I'll do a white/ivory underskirt, which will make this look a bit different than the average regency dress. :D  I already have a spencer and a bonnet to match, all I need is a reticule... They really don't take long!  And I still have some of the silk left over from my bonnet to make it out of.



Saturday Night, I'm going to wear my red ball gown that I wore to JAFA last time.  It is beautiful, and doesn't get worn enough.



Sunday is still the same "in-coohoots" plan.

This is far more achievable in my mind. It's not whole outfits to make, like I was originally planning.  I don't have the energy to make a whole new ball gown, since they require so much more fancy.  And I already have some lovely dresses and spencers.  I also need to make one more chemise.  Which is EASY!

Other than that, today I'm going to finish Tauriel.  I need that for next weekend! 
The weekend after is when I need the tartan.  I need to get moving on that, including fixing a petticoat, preshrinking wool (which I'll do today) and drafting a collar/pockets for myself and my partner-in-tartan.
Then it's back to Gruzinkerbell.  Bodice, wings and tiara.  Sounds like very little left.  HA!

Then I can finish all off my regency.. :\

I'm exhausted already.

No comments:

Post a Comment