Sunday, March 23, 2014

Popculture and Kilted Bustles

Try thouigh I might, I'm not going to achieve anything more tonight.  I don't feel bad about that, because I'm not as far along as I hoped... BUT!  I have made definite progress, and I've not rushed it.  So yay me!

First though, today I went to the 21st dressed as Tauriel.  A couple of things:

God Damn it was hot!
I really want some silver hair wraps to do the hair "correctly"
The ear tips I got sucked - will have to replace... STAT!

Otherwise, we had a great time.  We pretty much were the only ones dressed up, which is pretty sad for the birthday girl, but that's why you invite a bunch of costumers to your themed party.. :D

 

Pretty happy with the way it turned out, I got a "Wowsers" from one of my male friends, so that's a good thing right? Interestingly, I don't think I look terrible with red hair. Good to know!

Here's some more photos from the party...




Anyway, so here's where we're at with the kilted bustle.  Damn it's heavy.  And I'm probably going to handsew the pleats onto the foundation skirt, I'm not sure I can successfully get the wool through the machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment