Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Regency Tea in November

So while normally I would be posting about sewaddicted and I swanning around at Supanova, this year, neither of us were feeling it.  We had decided before it came around that due to the heat, we wouldn't be wearing costumes, and we bought weekend passes.  We went on the friday, spent a couple hours looking around, and we were done.  Instead we bummed around, watching netflix and taking a trip up the coast.  It was so relaxing and we got to just hang out.

SO!  Next on the list, was a Regency Tea that was held as a Housewarming for one of the girls.  I was her maid for the afternoon, and I originally wanted to make an apron as well as a dress, but I only just got the dress done in time.  The dress is one that was made from the latest Butterick pattern, mostly because I had that on hand, and I know I don't really have to spend alot of time altering them.  It was also completely out of stash.



I'ts pretty (although I do need to make a new chemisette), fits well, and is comfy.  It was pretty quick to make, and I din't change the pattern, except I did my usual 3 panel skirt.  This dress will be handy, and works in well with my mix and match regency philosophy, given it will go with all of the spencers I currently have, and one or two that I plan to make.

The day itself was pretty hot, and by the end of tea, I had stripped off my stockings, which I am sure would have happened in the 1800s here!  There ended up being one hell of a storm that afternoon though...


Obviously a wealthy household, they had a pineapple!

 

 

We also wandered around the garden...

 

  

As always a great group of people to hang around with!

No comments:

Post a Comment