Sunday, January 31, 2016

A 40th Birthday to Remember

It must be about time I filled you in on the last 6 months right?  This may take a while......

One day, I'm GOING to get better at updating stuff.. :\

The only and only event I had during January, was my birthday!  It was a significant birthday, one that had an "0" in it.

What did we do?  why we went on a paddle boat in Bustle dresses of course!!

I had planned to make a new frock, but what with work commitments, and then going away for a couple of weeks to the Hunter Valley over Christmas, I just didn't get it done.

I was working on matching a fashion plate, and I have the base dress made out of a beautiful silk/cotton blend taffeta, but it just didn't look like the plate.  Sadly, a month later I worked out why I didn't like it, I just have to go back and revise the dress to make it look right!

Anyway, on my birthday, we all met in town at a Hotel, and checked into our rooms for the evening.We had nibbles and champagne to start the afternoon off, while some of us were still sewing.


Then we started getting dressed.... And someone thought it an ideal time to take a photo of me in my undies.  Because there are never enough photos of me in my undies.. haha



Once we were all dressed, we ordered a giant cab for the 7 of us to fit in, and off we went!  The cab driver was somewhat surprised I have to say.

Then we walked down to the river, and I have to say, we looked pretty smashing beside the boat.





We caused a bit of a stir as we got on the boat, since we took up so much room, and the crew of the boat were wanting to take photos of us...

We were a little squished at our table, which, given the heat, meant we all felt a little warm pretty soon. (Note the fan in this shot?  I didn't do much, although I'm told that sitting under it was better than NOT sitting under it)...



But this just meant two things...

1. Walks on the deck in the breeze...



Annnnnnd......

2. Keeping oneself hydrated.. ;)




Then, you know, as a result, things may have gotten a little sillier as the night went on.  One of us (incidentally, one who didn't partake of espresso martinis (or any other variety of cocktail either for that matter!) mentioned that for a group so well dressed, we were so poorly behaved... GO US!



But the hightlight for me (other than of course having a great night out with my girls), was getting to drive the boat for a bit.  And we didn't die!  Surprising though that is, since the wheel was directly at eye height.  I had to hunker down so I could see...



And finally, a slideshow....

No comments:

Post a Comment